A modern city in the heart of the Highlands of Scotland, Inverness offers spectacular scenery, great shopping, fantastic pubs and restaurants, beautiful parks, a castle and an array of great Inverness Hotels. In an enviable location at the top of the Great Glen, close to Loch Ness and its famous monster, Inverness is ideal for a getaway.
The Mercure Inverness is located right on the banks of the River Ness and just 6 miles from Loch Ness. For those of you that are not looking to catch a glimpse of a monster; don’t worry, the Mercure Inverness is right on the doorstep of the beautiful Inverness Old Town making it a prefect base to explore the city. After touring the local countryside, major attractions or shops in the town centre, the Mercure Inverness is a great place to relax and unwind. Hotel guests can take a dip in the indoor pool, relax in the sauna or spa bath, or work off some extra energy in the fully-equipped gym.
However you decide to spend your time you will be able to end your first day with a delicious meal in the hotel’s restaurant which has a lovely view of the river.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 3* Mercure Inverness
- Breakfast on both mornings of stay
- Dinner at the hotel on the first night of stay
- Add return rail from your local station (The hotel is only 200 metres from the station)
Things to do in Inverness
- Explore the nearby shops in Eastgate II, or go bargain hunting in the Victorian Market in the Old Town
- Take in a show at the Eden Court Theatre, probably the town’s most vibrant venue when evening rolls around
- Discover the historic side of Inverness, and admire Inverness Castle or the stunning St Andrew’s Cathedral, before visiting the Culloden Battlefield
- Be certain to take a boat trip to the Moray Firth, and hope to catch a glimpse of the incredibly sweet bottlenose dolphins.
Prices based on 2 people sharing a double or twin room on 10/02/2018 (Various other dates available).. Prices may vary, are subject to availability and are correct as of 30/11/17.
If you are interested in booking or would like more info. please call 01904 436012 quoting HB793